Biggest Loser contestant reveals 105lb weight loss that leaves Tim Gunn speechless
By Margot Peppers
PUBLISHED: 16:12 EST, 17 January 2014 | UPDATED: 19:16 EST, 17 January 2014
A Biggest Loser contestant managed to leave Tim Gunn speechless when she revealed her incredible transformation after shedding 105lbs.
In a trailer for the show's Makeover Week, Rachel Frederickson - a 24-year-old voice-over artist from Los Angeles who weighed 260lbs at her heaviest - tries on a slinky black dress and shows it off to the Project Runway judge.
When she steps out of the changing room, Mr Gunn merely gasps and seems at a loss for words before finally mustering: 'Good heavens! Look at you!'
Scroll down for video
Transformation: In the Makeover episode, Rachel Frederickson - a 24-year-old voice over artist who weighed 260lbs at her heaviest - tries on a slinky black dress and shows it off to the Project Runway judge
Before and after: Overcome with emotion when she looks in the mirror, Rachel - a mere shadow of her former self at 155lbs - breaks down in tears
The flabbergasted fashion consultant adds: 'I honestly didn't recognize you when you came out. I didn't know you had this underneath those sweats!'
Overcome with emotion when she looks in the mirror, Rachel - a mere shadow of her former self at 155lbs - breaks down in tears. 'I didn't either,' she says. 'Wow, that's such a shock.'
The pair stare in astonishment at her reflection as she twirls happily in her slimmed down body.
'It's taken me a six-year journey and a lot of pain and heartbreak and being critical of myself,' she says of her new hard-earned figure.
Long process: 'It's taken me a six-year journey and a lot of pain and heartbreak and being critical of myself,' she says of her new slimmed-down figure
Shock: The flabbergasted fashion consultant tells her: 'I honestly didn't recognize you when you came out. I didn't know you had this underneath those sweats!'
Unrecognizable: Rachel looks at her reflection in disbelief as Tim Gunn seems to share the feeling
'And seeing all the hard work - the sweat, the tears, the emotions of the past 13-week journey, in this dress, it's just phenomenal.'
According to her official bio, a rough break-up is what ultimately led to her weight gain.
A competitive swimmer in high school, she was offered scholarships by several colleges, but she turned them down to move to Germany to be with an exchange student she had fallen in love with.
In the past: A competitive swimmer in high school, Rachel was offered scholarships by several colleges, but she turned them down to move to Germany and be with a boy
Downhill spiral: When the relationship ended, she came back to America and turned to food for solace, gaining more than 100lbs in six years (pictured: Rachel competing on the show)
When the relationship ended, she came back to America and turned to food for solace.
Over the next six years she gained more than 100lbs, working in a gelato shop in Minnesota and then a pastry chef in Las Vegas before ending up in Los Angeles, where she now lives.
At the start of the series, Rachel tipped the scales at 260lbs and said she was determined to finally turn her life around.
'I was very hard on myself for some of the decisions I made,' she said.
Well worth it: 'Seeing all the hard work - the sweat, the tears, the emotions of the past 13-week journey. . . it's just phenomenal,' she gushed
Watch more: The Biggest Loser airs on Tuesday at 8pm on NBC
The amazing transformation from the weigh in on the first episode, seen here, is undeniable
'I'm ready to become that strong and confident girl again, to free myself from the past, live in the present and make the changes I need to be happy with myself and live the life I always imagined.'
She said at the beginning of the show that she was looking forward to being more social, finding love again, running with her dog and 'shopping for great clothes that show off her personality and style'.
The Biggest Loser airs on Tuesday at 8pm on NBC
WATCH: Rachel stuns Tim Gunn on the Biggest Loser
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Woman is JAILED for not returning a video she rented NINE years ago - even though the store has now gone out of business
Kayla Michelle Finley rented Monster-in-Law as an 18-year-old but forgot to return inIn the interim nine years, video shop went out of business but warrant ...
- 'Wow I just won the Olympics': American Sage Kotsenburg wins first Sochi gold medal in Men's Slopestyle
- Twitter's top swear words revealed: Researchers find one in 13 tweets contains a curse
- Fugitive Nazis who built a paedophile paradise in the sun
- Pshonka's palace a treasure trove of total opulence: Journalists and protestors enter his estate to find extravaganza of luxury
- Hollywood villain? No... our slave owner great grandfather was the very model of morality! Astonishing claim by family outraged by Benedict Cumberbatch's portrayal in hit film 12 Years A Slave
- Amputee veteran turned away by Starbucks who won't let his service dog in store
- Rise of the me first mothers: Changing nappies in restaurants. Brazenly promoting their little darlings. CATHERINE OSTLER identifies an infuriating new breed of parent
- Producer's callous words as film shoot shuts down after female crew member is killed by train
- Sony World Photography Awards capture everyday struggles across the world
- Texas teen Mackenzie Wethington, 16, survives half-a-mile skydiving mishap
- Does your husband work long hours? Then you're the healthiest type of woman (providing you work too)
- Silvio Berlusconi divorces Veronica Lario, freeing Francesca Pascale to marry him
- Meningococcal disease outbreak feared at East Chapel Hill High School
- Jessica Hess stabs do-gooder 5 times at Redneck Yacht Club mud party
- Why being in a bad mood can make you focus on short-term gain
- 'Naked' NYU student Titan Lee-Hai leaps to death from dorm roof
- Boone couple found dead in townhome
- Female Bosnian judge fired after she was photographed sunbathing naked on desk
- Woman cuts off a tattoo of her cheating ex-boyfriend's name with a scalpel and POSTS the skin to him after he told her he was emigrating to Alaska but instead moved in with another woman
- Mom Kimberly Fugate who was expecting triplets gives birth to identical QUADRUPLETS after fourth baby wasn't picked up on ultrasound
- Ice skating sensation Yulia Lipnitskaya, 15, expected to draw Russia's biggest sporting TV audience for tonight's skate-off against South Korean Olympic champion
- Nigerian father arrested for fitting PADLOCK to son's mouth as he beat him to death
- Shocking video footage shows Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice drag his girlfriend out of an Atlantic City casino elevator by her legs
- Oscars 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch photobombs U2 on the red carpet
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Why you should never attempt to kiss a snapping turtle: Pet owner hospitalised after show of affection backfires in spectacular fashion
- A blunder beyond belief: Nurses tell patient's partner she has 'no sign of life'... but when he returns to say goodbye he finds she's still alive
- Are 'Blackwater' now active in Ukraine? Videos spark talk that U.S. mercenary outfit has been deployed to Donetsk
- My bid to clear an innocent Death Row prisoner, by reporter who's dedicated two decades to justice for U.S. man accused of killing seven women
- Obama observers shot at in Ukraine: 40 gunmen in balaclavas fire bullets above monitors before withdrawing so Kremlin can build up forces
- Amateur boxer shot dead while defending woman from abusive boyfriend at a house party after Miley Cyrus concert
- 'Whatever you do don't get the McCafe!' Fast food workers reveal the foods you should never order
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends after 95 rounds
- Hands tied: Fraternities may be more powerful than the colleges and universities that host them
- Connecticut could be the first state to curb loud movies to protect workers' health to the dismay of the Motion Picture Association of America