Judge: Man owing $330K threatened IRS agent's life
- An IRS agent was investigating Andrew Calcione's taxes for 2008, 2009 and 2010 and estimated the Rhode Island man owed an addition $330,000
- When the agent called Calcione asking about a form, the 49-year-old called back and left two disturbing voicemails
- In the first voicemail, Calcione threatened to kill his agent as well as rape the agent's wife and murder the agent's child
- Calcione told the agent to disregard the first message in his second voicemail
- According to public records, Calcione was the partner and president of a tax-prep firm for several years but is no longer registered as a CPA
- He faces up to 20 years in prison when he is sentenced on September 11
By Ashley Collman
Published: 14:57 EST, 26 May 2014 | Updated: 19:32 EST, 26 May 2014
A former accountant has been convicted of threatening to kill an IRS agent and rape and kill the agent's wife over a $330,000 tax bill.
Andrew A Calcione of Cranston Rhode Island was found guilty on charges of threatening to assault and murder an IRS agent and his family in federal court on Friday, and now faces up to 20 years in prison.
The 49-year-old was arrested for leaving two disturbing voicemails on his IRS agent's work phone, after receiving the news that he owed thousands in taxes.
Going to jail: Andrew Calcione (left) faces up to 20 years in prison after threatening an IRS agent over a $330,000 tax bill. Pictured above with current wife Courtney
Accountant: According to public documents, Calcione worked in a tax-prep firm for several years but is no longer registered as a CPA. A picture of his firm above
Calcione's statements are made even more bizarre by the fact that he worked as a tax preparer for several years.
Tax bill: An IRS agent was investigating Calcione at the time of the threatening calls, and estimated that the 49-year-old owed an additional $330,000 for 2008, 2009, and 2010 filings. Pictured above golfing in a photo posted on Facebook
Calcione's IRS agent was investigating his tax forms from 2008 to 2010 and estimated that he owed an additional $330,000.
In April 2013, Calcione and his ex-wife Patricia were asked to sign a form allowing extra time to assess their case. Calcione signed the document, but his wife did not, spurring the agent to leave a voicemail on Calcione's cell phone asking about the form the following July.
Three days later, an infuriated Calcione left a threatening voicemail on his agent's work phone and a transcript of part of the message was revealed in court papers.
'The next time you think you want to f****** call me up … don’t. ‘Cause the next time you do, I’m not going to answer. I’m just going to show up where you live,' Calcione says.
He goes on to threaten the agent's life and that of his family.
'Matter of fact, I’d shoot you in the f****** knee caps, tie you to a f****** chair, gag ya … and then f*** your wife in front of ya, and then blow her f****** brains out in front of ya and maybe kill your f****** kid...'
'So you can deal with that. Do not f****** call me again. I don’t bother you. Don’t f****** bother me.'
The second voicemail was Calcione telling the agent to ignore the prior message.
'Disregard my previous voicemail. I was f****** around with my daughter,' the message said, according to the agent.
After receiving the threatening calls, the agent reported Calcione to the police.
In the course of their investigation, Calcione changed his story three times and first said the message was intended for his ex-wife.
He then told authorities he meant to call his daughter, and changed his story a final time to say he was talking to himself in the car and must have accidentally rung the agent with his hands-free calling system.
Threats: Calcione threatening to kill the IRS agent, rape the agent's wife and murder the agent's child in one of the voicemails. Pictured above on a trip to Jamaica, posted on Facebook
According to public records, Calcione was a partner or president of a tax-prep firm for several years, though he is no longer registered as an accountant on CPAverify.
Calcione could face up to 20 years in prison when he is sentenced on September 11.
U.S. Attorney Peter F Neronha says his office is seeking 'the toughest, appropriate sentence in this case.'
'The vast majority of Americans understand the payment of their federal taxes is part of their civic responsibilities. A very small number do not, and an even smaller number not only refuse to pay their taxes, but engage in the kind of outrageous, threatening, and frankly bizarre behavior involved here,' Neronha added.
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
'They were the kind of screams that only come from a parent': Top Manhattan magazine editor watches in horror as her little girl dies after running in front of car at Father's day barbecue in the Hamptons
Daughter of Closer magazine editor Annabel Vered, 43, tragically died on SundayTess Bursten, 6, was struck by elderly neighbors Toyota Prius trying to see a ...
- Jeremy Meeks says he's flattered by all the attention as mugshots from earlier years show how his criminally good looks matured enough to capture the hearts of millions of ladies
- Julliard graduate, 34, nearly kills pedestrian after hurling herself to her death from 16th-floor apartment
- Body found in woods near where missing Sarah Patricia Goode's car was found
- Air India Boeing 777 with 313 people onboard makes emergency landing after bird strike on take-off from Newark
- V Stiviano goes out in very unusual make-up as alleged hate-crime row roars on behind her
- Florica Leonida revealed as a high-class prostitute
- New York pizza delivery boy, 18, who raped a woman, 37, 'because he was horny' as her daughter slept beside her and will serve 13 years in prison
- Couple to stand trial for 'tattooing smiley face and bad word on 12-year-old girl'
- Border Patrol union under fire for 'racist' tweet listing 'burrito wrapping' as part of new job description after photos revealed sub-human conditions in which immigrant children are kept
- Republican congressman's chief of staff resigns after his jilted porn star girlfriend tweets photo of his genitals
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside Kate Gosselin's 'House of Horrors' - her plot to get pregnant with sextuplets, the out-of-control spankings to kids and suspected affair with her bodyguard that destroyed marriage revealed in the bombshell new book
- 'My daughter was mangled, butchered and chopped up like liver': Father horrified after suspected devil worshiper 'killed and ate' a cancer-stricken mother of six
- Disturbing aftermath of crash that left Tracy Morgan in critical condition and killed his friend caught on video as publicist says 30 Rock star will NOT lose his leg
- Sorry ladies, he's taken! Ridiculously photogenic felon who made social media swoon reveals he's MARRIED as he insists he's left gang life behind
- Preserved for posterity, the very first art: The 36,000- year-old cave paintings of mammoths, bison and hunters which show life for Stone Age man
- Online messages of white supremacist couple Amanda and Jerad Miller who gunned down two police officers and a shopper Walmart before taking their own lives
- Luis Suarez memes poking fun at Steven Gerrard and the Queen hit the internet
- Thousands turn out to pay tribute to cop killed by white supremacist couple as the officer's wife carries the couple's 11-month-old son to view his father's coffin
- Leilani Novak-Garcia who uses pseudonym 'Hitler' is wanted in stabbing at Rainbow Family Gathering event in Utah forest
- The greatest show on Earth: Jennifer Lopez leads the celebrations as Brazil's World Cup party kicks off in blaze of colour (but do you have a clue what the costumes are supposed to represent?)
- Inside the world's smallest school - which has just one pupil
- American Apparel CEO Dov Charney fired after new allegations surface
- Outrage as frat brothers who filmed sexual assault on girl are expelled from campus - but only after they graduate
- Now that's heavy duty fashion! Teens model incredible Duck Tape outfits in annual Stuck at Prom contest
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Has Ebola spread to Nigeria? Liberian man is being tested for the deadly virus in Lagos as it's revealed that head doctor leading the fight to control outbreak in Sierra Leone has become infected
- Shia LaBeouf appears in NYC court over charges 'during Broadway show'
- Virginia campground 'tornado' leaves two dead
- Wedding invitation that went out to the wrong guests becomes internet hit
- Strangers raise $50,000 to keep student, 19, at Vanderbilt after her mother commits suicide
- International ring of cyber thieves hijacked more than 1,000 StubHub accounts in $1.6million fraud'
- Turkey, Egypt, Dominican Republic and Spain among the most complained about holiday hotspots... but cruises are worse!
- Texas grandfather arrested for death of granddaughter 'he forgot about and left in hot car'
- Forget selfies - how about 'DRONIES': Remote controlled aircraft spark new craze of aerial self-portraits (because selfies are so 2013)
- New Jersey sues over Florida pizza shop logo